Friday, December 18, 2009

Old Pictures Say a Lot

After my stroke I looked at a lot of family pictures hoping I would remember someone, but the more I looked at them the more I wondered "who do I look like?".
I had two brothers Paul who was murdered years ago and was a year younger than me, looked like our maternal Swedish Grandmother and Michael almost two and a half years younger, has the same evil look of our father and that evil look fits him  as he is pure evil, and should he drop dead tomorrow I would shed tears not of sorrow but of joy.
Then there is me the oldest as I looked at the pictures I felt as if I didn't belong, that I didn't look like anyone in my family which to me was very odd, three children by the same parents and you would not think we were even related, yet Ken had one daughter and two sons by three different women and you can tell they are related
Well the other day my cousin sent my Gramp some pictures of my Mother when she was young and that's when I felt I belonged.
There was one picture of her when she was about 12-14 and it could have been me. I nearly cried with joy because I finally felt as if I belonged somewhere.
There were also pictures of my Gram when she was I guess about 23 or so and I couldn't get over how beautiful she was and I mean along the lines of  Lana Turner or Betty Grable beautiful. It makes me wonder how my Gramp got her because of all the old pictures I see of him they weren't that flattering if you get my meaning. Talk about Beauty and Beast...haha.
Just a side note whenever I talk about Gramp and Gram I am referring to my Mothers parents as they were the ones who raised us after my Mother died when I was eight, again because my Father was pure evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment