Thursday, December 3, 2009

Not Much Fussing Over Christmas

 I guess with just me Gramp and Ken Christmas is just another day around here.
We don't decorate maybe a few dodads here and there but I can't get to things and Ken has other things to worry about getting done and decorating is not one of them.
 I know I must have decorated before the stroke because we had at least 20 large tubs of Christmas things which much to everyone who knows me surprise is now down to about 4, and that's including my Hallmark ornaments.
 I got my Christmas shopping done at Hallmark and Kmart and  it took me less than an hour,  much to the amazement of my son Kevin who remembers my pre-stroke shopping trips which would take at times up to 8 hours. I now HATE shopping in stores. I like to browse online but rarely buy because I can't justify paying shipping charges on things I don't absolutely need.
 This year I seem less festive than the last two I just don't really care if it comes and goes. The last two I was so excited waiting for the Christmas shows to come on and listening to Christmas music. Maybe because they were kind of like my "first" Christmases.
 However I enjoyed seeing the Christmas pictures of my friend Joy's little ones and nephew. They did add a bright spot to my life.
 Maybe it's empty nest syndrome or maybe it's seeing my friends either having babies or becoming Grandparents over this past year that's making me a little sad knowing I have to wait to to be a Grandma. :(
 Whatever the case maybe this year I'm just not feeling very jolly even with my Santa hat on.
 I do want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year though.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Merry Christmas, Mrs. Lisa.

    Wish we could be in FL for Christmas, then I could bring the kids by.

    BTW, LOVE your background..very festive!

    ReplyDelete